NEX-5 Leica 50mm Summilux and High ISO

sony nex-5 leica 50mm summilux chrome asph

I was lucky enough to catch a few drinks with another photo enthusiast who happen to have a Leica M8 and a chrome 50mm Summilux-M ASPH. I had my NEX-5 with a Voigtlander 35mm Ultron since I needed the speed whilst at the drinking hole. He was generous enough to slap the Summilux-M onto my Leica-Nex lens adapter and allowed me to use it.

All the shots here were taken with the 50mm lens wide open at f/1.4, thus Summilux. The NEX-5 was set to Aperture Priority and ISO 3200 and with the dim lighting conditions at the bar forced the Shutter speed at 1/20th of a second. I would have preferred a shutter speed of 1/75 or higher (50mm x 1.5 crop factor) to keep camera movement at a minimum. The 50mm Summilux-M ASPH is a brick of a lens and I think the weight help stabilize the camera or was it the fear of dropping someone else's lens? The focusing was very well damped, a big difference from my Voigtlander. This made focusing a bit easier with the Leica.

The shots were taken in RAW and processed with Raw Photo Processor. The adjustments were minimal and there was no noise processing utilized. I'm a novice with RPP so I try to keep it simple. The photos were also heavily cropped for posting except the first one.


sony nex-5 leica 50mm summilux chrome asph

sony nex-5 leica 50mm summilux chrome asph

These last two photos are the same shot, the first was RAW converted with RPP and the second a JPEG straight from the NEX-5.

sony nex-5 leica 50mm summilux chrome asph

sony nex-5 leica 50mm summilux chrome asph

Thanks Full Raze for the drinks and the use of the Summilux!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Install OpenMemories AppStore

Buy 2 Sony Alpha Lenses and Receive a Rebate with a Qualifying Sony Alpha Camera

Use Medium Format Lenses with Sony A7 Cameras